Saturday, June 24, 2017
The-Light-Newspaper-6

Mainland Moose spotted in Denmark

Motorists traveling south on Nov. 2 along Highway 326 through Denmark were treated to a rare sighting. One of Nova Scotia’s endangered mainland moose was spotted in a field on the west side of...
TheLight-Newspaper-Placeholder-01

Fueling your body properly boosts your metabolism

Metabo-what? Seems like lately, everyone’s talking about metabolism. “My metabolism is slow, that’s why I can’t lose weight,” or “I wish I had your metabolism, you can eat anything.” But do you really know what...
TheLight-Newspaper-Placeholder-01

Special election required for school board due to disqualification

A special election is required for Chignecto-Central Regional School Board (CCRSB) District 11 (Pictou municipal districts 5, 6, 7, 11 and 12) in the coming weeks due to a disqualification among the candidates. Scott Adamson,...
The-Light-Newspaper-4

Recreation centre has always depended on volunteers

During past years both older and younger generations worked together to keep the recreation centre maintained and operating in order to make it a vital and important place for the community of Wentworth. Going back...
The-Light-Newspaper-16

Help the Ask For Sail Again

The Thanksgiving Day storm of 2016 may not have been the wildest seen along these shores, but it certainly did have a lasting impact on local boat builder and sailor, Tam Flemming of Balfron....
The-Light-Newspaper-15

Encouraging donations for school enhancements

Fundraising efforts are well underway for enhancements to the new P-12 Tatamagouche Regional Academy, which is scheduled to open in the fall of 2017. School principal Brian Holmes says there are four areas where the...