Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Deciphering Italian assurances of quality

It’s those foreign wine classifications that can make it hard for North Americans to understand, but it’s important for us to know that with some basic background and familiarity, there is no intimidation required....
The-Light-Newspaper-5

Looking back a Wentworth’s mining history

There are two mining stories about the Wentworth area: the one about the copper mines is based on facts as given by the late historian George Ira Brown. The second has far fewer facts...
The-Light-Newspaper-6

Mainland Moose spotted in Denmark

Motorists traveling south on Nov. 2 along Highway 326 through Denmark were treated to a rare sighting. One of Nova Scotia’s endangered mainland moose was spotted in a field on the west side of...
TheLight-Newspaper-Placeholder-01

Fueling your body properly boosts your metabolism

Metabo-what? Seems like lately, everyone’s talking about metabolism. “My metabolism is slow, that’s why I can’t lose weight,” or “I wish I had your metabolism, you can eat anything.” But do you really know what...
TheLight-Newspaper-Placeholder-01

Special election required for school board due to disqualification

A special election is required for Chignecto-Central Regional School Board (CCRSB) District 11 (Pictou municipal districts 5, 6, 7, 11 and 12) in the coming weeks due to a disqualification among the candidates. Scott Adamson,...
The-Light-Newspaper-4

Recreation centre has always depended on volunteers

During past years both older and younger generations worked together to keep the recreation centre maintained and operating in order to make it a vital and important place for the community of Wentworth. Going back...
The-Light-Newspaper-16

Help the Ask For Sail Again

The Thanksgiving Day storm of 2016 may not have been the wildest seen along these shores, but it certainly did have a lasting impact on local boat builder and sailor, Tam Flemming of Balfron....
The-Light-Newspaper-15

Encouraging donations for school enhancements

Fundraising efforts are well underway for enhancements to the new P-12 Tatamagouche Regional Academy, which is scheduled to open in the fall of 2017. School principal Brian Holmes says there are four areas where the...