Saturday, October 21, 2017
The-Light-

Tatamagouche remembers

Nov. 11 is a time when the members of our community join with other Canadians to remember the sacrifice of more than 100,000 Canadians who gave their lives for us.They fought for home, family,...
The-Light-Newspaper-3

Fire Safety week 2016

In celebration of Fire Safety week, AA Munro Insurance provided a free smoke detector to each of the Grade 2 students at Tatamagouche Elementary School. Local volunteer fire fighters also came by to talk fire safety...
TheLight-Newspaper-Placeholder-01

Northumberland Links Ladies Division elects new executive

The Northumberland Links Ladies Division recently held its annual meeting and election of officers. The 2016-2017 executive committee is: from left, Jane Everist, games co-chair; Cindy Lystiuk, games co-chair; Barb Oke, vice president; Dianne Elliott, secretary; Karen...

Hack your online growth with these three apps

App #1. ClickfunnelsI’m about to let you in on a secret: you don’t need a website to be successful online. There’s about 50,000 reasons why you should have one, but generating client leads isn’t necessarily...
The-Light-Newspaper-2

Matheson retiring from Willow Lodge Nov. 30

Betty Matheson, director of elder care at Willow Lodge, is retiring at the end of November after 36 years of dedicated service, and over 40 years in a nursing career.Matheson has always been ahead...
The-Light-Newspaper-20

Fall Festival of Colours a success

The Wentworth community recently gave thanks not only to two splendid events at Ski Wentworth and at the Wentworth Recreation Centre, but also to the beautiful two Cobequid Mountain ranges that help give us...

Deciphering Italian assurances of quality

It’s those foreign wine classifications that can make it hard for North Americans to understand, but it’s important for us to know that with some basic background and familiarity, there is no intimidation required....
The-Light-Newspaper-5

Looking back a Wentworth’s mining history

There are two mining stories about the Wentworth area: the one about the copper mines is based on facts as given by the late historian George Ira Brown. The second has far fewer facts...
The-Light-Newspaper-6

Mainland Moose spotted in Denmark

Motorists traveling south on Nov. 2 along Highway 326 through Denmark were treated to a rare sighting. One of Nova Scotia’s endangered mainland moose was spotted in a field on the west side of...

Fueling your body properly boosts your metabolism

Metabo-what? Seems like lately, everyone’s talking about metabolism.“My metabolism is slow, that’s why I can’t lose weight,” or “I wish I had your metabolism, you can eat anything.” But do you really know what...
Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!