Saturday, June 24, 2017

Woman airlifted to hospital following crash

A woman was airlifted to hospital after sustaining life-threatening injuries in a single-vehicle crash on Saturday. The collision occurred at 12:10 p.m. on Highway 6 between Clarkes Road and Wallace Grant Road in Bayhead. Traffic was...

Open for the season

There’s a lot in store at the Margaret Fawcett Norrie Heritage Centre this summer. Maralyn Driver, the treasurer for the Creamery Square Heritage Society, which operates the centre, said there are a number of events...

Students joining together for Let Me Be Me rally

Unique differences will be celebrated in Tatamagouche in June. The annual Let Me Be Me rally will begin at 12:45 p.m. on June 9 with students from Tatamagouche Elementary and North Colchester High schools participating....

Food bank working to open garden for clients

A garden is in the works for clients of the food bank in Pugwash. The volunteers that run the Pugwash Open Hamper Food Bank work hard to serve the 46 families who regularly depend on...

X-ray services postponed in Tatamagouche on Wednesday

X-ray services at the Lillian Fraser Memorial Hospital have been postponed for May 31. There will be no walk-in x-ray services throughout the day due to a scheduled outage by Nova Scotia Power as they...

Emergency room in Tatamagouche closed Tuesday

The Lillian Fraser Memorial Hospital Collaborative Emergency Centre's emergency department will be closed until 8 p.m. on Tuesday. The closure is due to lack of physician coverage. Those with medical emergencies will be redirected to...

A moment to remember

It didn’t take long for Andee Weatherby to realize just what she was doing. The 17-year-old Tatamagouche girl was one of 26 youths from across the country to join more than 100 veterans on a...

Woman charged following robbery at Tatamagouche gas station

A New Glasgow woman is facing a number of charges following a robbery at a gas station in Tatamagouche Friday morning. Just before 6 a.m., the woman arrived in a truck at a service station on...

Welcome aboard

Gail Tuttle is excited to spend her days at the Wallace and Area Museum. Tuttle, originally from the Wentworth Valley, started five weeks ago as the museum manager and curator. She’d only recently moved back...

New executive director for Tatamagouche centre

There’s a new executive director behind the helm at the Tatamagouche Centre. Josie Baker joined the team late last month, bringing experience in community development and social justice work. “I’m excited to take on the challenges...